Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Curly Girl Convert


So back in October 2009, I woke up one morning and decided I was tired of being the slave of my CHI (flat iron). Why am I always trying to conform to society's ideal image of beauty. I was not born with stick straight hair, so why am I continuously changing what God blessed me with. Now before you bombard me with comments on why straight hair is ideal, easier to deal with or whatever, I'm going to say that I have nothing against straight hair. I honestly think my hair is beautiful, silky and shiny when it is flat ironed straight.

HOWEVER, my personal decision has been to doctor my hair back to health and wear it in it's natural state. Every now and then I may flat iron it, but the majority of the time, it will be curly. So anyway, I thought this should be an easy transition since my hair was naturally curly (3c type) when I was younger and even a few years ago. WELL I GOT A HUGE SHOCK OF MY LIFE!! I used to flat iron my hair on the highest heat possible with silicones until it was smoking and sizzling and the past 2 to 3 years of doing that severly damaged my hair cuticle and 'relaxed' the curl into a 2b-3a. I long for my tight curls back and have been conditioning the heck out of it to restore it.

1 comment: